Sunday 25 April 2010

Herzberg


Herzberg asked people about times when they felt good in their work. He shown that the key determinants of job satisfaction were Achievement, Recognition, Work itself, Responsibility and Advancement.

He also found that key dissatisfiers were Company policy and administration, Supervision, Salary, Interpersonal relationships and Working conditions.

What interested him the most was that these were different groups.

He has discovered that the employ need to be paid on time each month so I can pay my bills. If I am not paid on time, I get really unhappy. But when I get paid on time, I hardly notice it.

On the other hand, when my boss gives me a pat on the back, I feel good. I don't expect this every day and don't especially miss not having praise all of the time.


He also wrote many books, but one of them become very famous- "One more time: how do you motivate employees?"



No comments:

Post a Comment